Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Summer Quilting


 This summer I finally made the wall quilt I wanted for the house. Oops, it's too little, oh well, I will have to make another one. It is a great pattern from one of my favorite companies called Maple Island Quilts. I found these patterns at the City Quilter in New York. I visit that shop every time we go to New York. It is so much fun. This particular pattern is called "Piqued". I have made a couple of other quilts by this company. Very nice!!! 

Another fun quilting experience for me was going to the Shop Hop with my Quilt Group friends. We we
nt out to Pine Needles at Gardner Village, and then to Quilts Etc. and Piper's. It was so much fun. We ended up at the Dodo for lunch, so pretty much a perfect day for me.

 My friend group got together and tied two quilts for the humanitarian center. They are darling and I hope will provide comfort and warmth for someone who needs it. We had a fun time tying the quilts and then one of my favorite things is turning the edges.  The finished quilts are adorable and it was a fun activity to do with my friends. 


No comments: